Collapsus is a rather interesting "piece" of media. It is actually a tran-media work, which basically mean it is spread out/told over multiple forms of media. The main concept of Collapsus is; it's the story of 10 different people going through/trying to change life in a world in an imminent energy crisis. it gives information about the energy crisis. But, the most interesting thing about Collapsus is it's being spread in different media. The story is told through simple animations, actual video clips, and even interactive elements such a managing a country's debt, energy and happiness.
I really like the idea of tran-media work. It allows the work to appeal to multiple demographics Honestly, before watching I always thought that different types of media could be used together well, but this showed me just how well mixing media can increase the impact of something. When your just watching something the impact is partially limited, but when you can interact with what you watch, you're taken to a whole new level of immersion. Before I always sort of imagined anything I worked on, while it may be part a bigger whole it's still a separate piece and I always imagined it separately, but now I realize that the truly important thing is how well it interacts with with all the other pieces, not just how well it stands as a single thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment